WikiLeaks Founder Is Released on Bail

LONDON — Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, was released from jail on $315,000 bail on Thursday, and he vowed in a defiant speech to continue to release classified documents and to fight extradition to Sweden for questioning about accusations of sexual offenses.

After nine days in Wandsworth Prison, Mr. Assange emerged into an explosion of photographers’ flashbulbs and spotlights under the grand arch of the Royal Courts of Justice. “Well, it’s great to feel the fresh air of London again,” he told a cheering crowd.

He closed his brief statement by saying, “I hope to continue my work and continue protesting my innocence in this matter.”
Continue reading “WikiLeaks Founder Is Released on Bail”

Outage Yesterday….

While updagrading the router on sunday night I thought…  Hey lets also upgrade the webserver with a fresh install off Windows Server 2008 r2 X64 since it was still running on 2008 (r1). So backup up everything on the server and transferd it to a temporary VM…

This is where the fun starts……
While trying to import the MySQL database on the VM the first error arrived and I couldn’t import 1 database….  Great…..
This was just a small one..  I created the database manually and tried to import it again… Hey now it works…  Gues MySQL doesn’t like datasenames with a dot in it…..
The strange thing is  all my databases have a dot in it…
Everthing was imported …. iis created the sites again …. configured php to work and tested.. all permissions double checked…Time to switch to the vm…
ssh’ed into the router and changed the firewall…
now lets test…
I think at this point somewhere Murhy came by and fucked it up …. 🙂
All services where running  but somehow iis wasn’t able to connect to the database as it was giving me errors .

I still don’t know what the cause of this problem was after checking the “logs” I could’t figure it out… as I saw the connection comming in in the mysql admin panel…

So I decided to reinstall the pc and see if that gave me the same error.
After an hour of installing and configuring again it was time to switch to the newly installed webserver and gues what….
It gave me the same error that it couldn’t reach the databse…
I still don’t know what the cause of this problem is…still investigating…
But I needed to get this site back up and running….. as it was down for more than 4 hours…. 🙁
So i deleted php and mysql and created a new site in iis for testing and installed drupal from that installed that configures it for you..(the lazy way install..) normally I hate such a setup because now php an mysql are running on c:\ and now way to change it……

I tried to change the config files and run it off d: and e: but the services won’t start….
Anyone any idea???  I used same config files as before the reinstall…..

I had more succes on upgrading the router 😉
It now runs smooth on a usb drive 😮

root@OpenWrt:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 1.8M      1.8M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    14.4M    212.0K     14.2M   1% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/sda1               121.0M      9.2M    105.5M   8% /overlay
mini_fo:/overlay          1.8M      1.8M         0 100% /
root@OpenWrt:~#

Gonne buy me a 16 GB stick and play with it …. It currenlty runs on a (old) 129 MB stick …
Firmware is available in the download section…

More to come….

TL-WR1043ND

I created new firmware for the tp-link router but I’m not able to test it until its weekend cause I’m not @ home during the week…
I deleted the luci web-if and used that space to build in usb2 & ext3 with block-extroot..
It now has the same size as the original and I don’t think there going to be any problems with it…
I’ll test the firmware on friday and release it when its working…

Cheers..

Bought myself a new router to replace my ASUS WL700gE

Yesterday I saw a nice cheap  router to replace my ASUS WL700gE wich is still running great but the lack of Gigabit port on the lan side is really a bummer nowadays…also my Alienware M11xR2 wants to connect over wifi-n 🙂
Now that I stream a lot over my internal network I really want to provide 1 gig to all my pc’s.
I already had a 1 gig 4 port switch hooked up to the router to connect my PS3, Workstation and my gaming pc for HD streaming.

The new router is a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND wich was on sale for 50 Euro. It provides vlan support, wifi-n, 5x 1 gb ports and OpenWrt 🙂

  • 3 detachable antennas
  • 4 Port 1000/100/10 Switch
  • 1 Port 1000/100/10 Wan Interface
  • 8 MiB Flash
  • 32 MiB DDR Ram
  • 1 x USB 2.0 Host
CPU Ram Flash Network USB Serial JTag
Atheros AR9132@400MHz 32MB 8MB 4×1 Yes Yes Yes
(Source OpenWrt.org)

I Downloaded the image from the OpenWrt site. and used the web-if of the router to upgrade to OpenWrt.
In the future I Will add some extra packages  and hook up a 250 GB 2.5″ hdd.
The progress of my router can be followed on http://tp-link.hezik.nl

lets start playing around and see how stable it is 🙂

Cheers