Main menu:

Tags

Archives

ipv6 ready

Recent Comments

Outage Yesterday….

While updagrading the router on sunday night I thought…  Hey lets also upgrade the webserver with a fresh install off Windows Server 2008 r2 X64 since it was still running on 2008 (r1). So backup up everything on the server and transferd it to a temporary VM…

This is where the fun starts……
While trying to import the MySQL database on the VM the first error arrived and I couldn’t import 1 database….  Great…..
This was just a small one..  I created the database manually and tried to import it again… Hey now it works…  Gues MySQL doesn’t like datasenames with a dot in it…..
The strange thing is  all my databases have a dot in it…
Everthing was imported …. iis created the sites again …. configured php to work and tested.. all permissions double checked…Time to switch to the vm…
ssh’ed into the router and changed the firewall…
now lets test…
I think at this point somewhere Murhy came by and fucked it up …. 🙂
All services where running  but somehow iis wasn’t able to connect to the database as it was giving me errors .

I still don’t know what the cause of this problem was after checking the “logs” I could’t figure it out… as I saw the connection comming in in the mysql admin panel…

So I decided to reinstall the pc and see if that gave me the same error.
After an hour of installing and configuring again it was time to switch to the newly installed webserver and gues what….
It gave me the same error that it couldn’t reach the databse…
I still don’t know what the cause of this problem is…still investigating…
But I needed to get this site back up and running….. as it was down for more than 4 hours…. 🙁
So i deleted php and mysql and created a new site in iis for testing and installed drupal from that installed that configures it for you..(the lazy way install..) normally I hate such a setup because now php an mysql are running on c:\ and now way to change it……

I tried to change the config files and run it off d: and e: but the services won’t start….
Anyone any idea???  I used same config files as before the reinstall…..

I had more succes on upgrading the router 😉
It now runs smooth on a usb drive 😮

root@OpenWrt:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 1.8M      1.8M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    14.4M    212.0K     14.2M   1% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/sda1               121.0M      9.2M    105.5M   8% /overlay
mini_fo:/overlay          1.8M      1.8M         0 100% /
root@OpenWrt:~#

Gonne buy me a 16 GB stick and play with it …. It currenlty runs on a (old) 129 MB stick …
Firmware is available in the download section…

More to come….

Comments

Comment from back2basic
Time December 12, 2010 at 05:19

Figured it out… FastCGI was giving issues on the default config…… 🙁
Now up and running ……

Write a comment





*